Did you know that HALF of all workers did not negotiate their first salary?
Here's why: They think they should be lucky to just have a job, they don't know how to find their worth, they're afraid of losing the offer, or they simply didn't know that they could negotiate. Unfortunately, they're leaving thousands, even millions on the table.
How would you like to have an extra $5,000?
I surveyed former students and the average raise was more than $5,000, and 1 in 5 increased their salary by $10,000 or more! That's money that could be used to pay down student loans, decrease credit card debt, or be used toward a first apartment.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Accurately research your worth when entering the workforce
- Navigate the early stages of an interview, avoiding online forms and low-ball screening questions from HR
- Use a 5-minute body language trick to increase your rate of success
- Implement the same negotiation techniques used by the FBI
- Confidently say exactly the right phrases to secure the highest salary and get paid what you deserve -- without the fear of losing the job
What truly sets apart this course are the added modules you won't find anywhere else.
- An interactive, role-playing 'hot seat' to practice your negotiation
- Interviews with college counselors and detailed case studies, including an $11,000 increase from a single email
- Advice on negotiating benefits, such as bonuses, flextime, relocation, and 8 more, as well as resources for women, non-profits, and startups
If you're a student interviewing for your first job and want to be part of the group that DOES negotiate, earn more money, and learn the salary negotiation secrets that they didn't teach you in college, sign up today.
How To Negotiate a New Job Offer (Pro Edition)
How to Negotiate a Raise or Promotion
Jim Hopkinson is the author of "Salary Tutor: Learn the Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You." (Grand Central Publishing), and has been featured in Forbes, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, and Real Simple Magazine. He writes a negotiation column for Salary.com, and has also written online for the Wall St. Journal, Monster, and Wired.
As a salary negotiation expert, Jim offers actionable, easy-to-implement negotiation techniques that lead to increased confidence, greater career satisfaction, and earning $1,000s more in salary.
Known for his high-energy, humorous, and engaging presentations, he has spoken to groups large and small on the topic of negotiation, and has been chosen from more than 3,200 applicants to speak at the SXSW conference 3 times. He brings this dynamic approach on camera to bring his courses to life.
Prior to starting his own business, Jim managed the online marketing and social media strategy for WIRED.com, and before that, he held a dream job in sports at ESPN.com. He is an adjunct instructor at NYU, an avid runner, and enjoys serving as a mentor for young business professionals.
StartSalary Research Sites (3:34)
StartJob Board Sites (1:48)
StartSalary Sites for Your Industry (2:14)
StartInternal Networking (3:18)
StartExternal Networking (2:47)
StartSalary Research: Bringing it All Together (3:06)
StartDownload (PDF): Website Resource List - Finding What You're Worth
StartDownload (PDF): Researching Your Worth Networking Email Example